Tuesday 31 January 2017

Dried Elderberries

It is the last day of January today, and I'm desperate to see any colour other than brown emerging from my dye bath. Yesterday, I tried steeping some dried elderberries in the hope of obtaining some purple tones, but look what I got! From the left, mordanted with alum, copper, alum plus tin, and alum plus iron.


Hopefully, when the elderberry leaves come out and the flowers and fruits come in, I'll obtain more colourful results than these. However, I've grouped all the skeins I dyed this month, sixty four altogether, into batches of seven, and this is what they look like. There's more variety there than I imagined. I've one oddball, blackberries mordanted with alum and tin. How that skein makes the yellow skeins pop!



No comments:

Post a Comment